“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
― Howard Thurman
I believe adventure travel makes us feel alive. Whether it is with your family, significant other, or by yourself I want my clients to feel truly alive in their travels. Adventure travel, whether it is engaging with exotic cultures, skiing a new mountain, or exploring a remote part of the world, can make the world a better place by connecting people to each other and this awesome planet. I believe travel can and should be done with care in ways that are environmentally sustainable and culturally conscious.
I have long had the reputation for traveling to far flung destinations, and so after years traveling around the world for both business and pleasure I started Wanderlust Travel Adventures because so many people were constantly asking “Will you plan a trip for me?” Working in the field of international community development for the past decade, I had spent a lot of time working with many indigenous and marginalized communities in remote parts the world. Because of that experience I can help my clients travel off-the-beaten path in very different ways from conventional tourism. I also have a masters degree in anthropology, which gives me a special lens through which I plan travel looking at cultural contexts and interesting cultural phenomena that can enhance client’s travel experiences.
I work a little differently than traditional travel agents. I work collaboratively with my clients to make their wildest travel dreams come true. Through the relationships I have cultivated with travel providers all over the world, I am able to design tailored boutique travel experiences for my clients–not the kind of travel that can be booked online.
Wanderlust Travel Adventures, LLC is an independent affiliate of SmartFlyer, a Virtuoso member agency (http://www.virtuoso.com/advisor/kristinamiller). What does that mean?
- Being an independent contractor under SmartFlyer allows a group of travel advisors to share resources (booking engines, insurance, accounting, Virtuoso membership) which would not be cost-effective for each of us to pay for individually.
- By being a part of a larger agency, I have my colleagues knowledge and expertise at my disposal. Between me and my colleagues we have been EVERYWHERE. If I haven’t been to a place, one of my colleagues has probably just returned from there and can give me specific information I need to plan my clients’ travels.
- We also get daily visits from travel providers (hoteliers, cruise lines, tour companies, etc) and country tourism boards stopping by our office to give us the latest updates about their offerings all over the world.
- And lastly VIRTUOSO is one of the greatest assets at my disposal, which I will explain below.
What is Virtuoso?
Virtuoso is an invitation-only network of the best of the best travel providers around the world. The world’s finest travel agencies and advisors are Virtuoso.* Through this network I can offer my clients exclusive services and out-of-this-world travel experiences.
Why use a travel advisor when you can just book everything for yourself online?
1) Travel advisors know the insider tips and tricks to get you better value for your money.
2) Travel advisors have extensive travel experience and can add valuable insights you would never find yourself online.
3) We only connect you with suppliers (hotels, tours, etc) that we trust so we can guarantee you a great experience.
4) We can save you the time you would spend planning as you sift through the overload of travel information online.
5) Through our connections in the Virtuoso network and with suppliers all over the world we are able to get you amenities and VIP status that you would never be able to do on your own. We spend a lot of time making personal connections with suppliers all over the world just for our clients.
6) Our service travels with you. Have a problem while you’re traveling? We and our travel partners are just a phone call or e-mail away to help you solve any problem you encounter.